PE Explorer v1.99
| Sunday, July 15, 2007
* See what's inside an executable
* Customize GUI elements of your favorite Windows programs
* Track down what a program accesses and which DLLs are called
* Understand the way a program works and interacts
* Special support for Delphi applications
* Automatic UPX and Upack unpacking
Whether you are an advanced computer user just wondered what makes an executable file tick, or software developer suffered from hard-to-find program bugs, PE Explorer is the software solution that will make it easy to find the answers. It tells you just about every little detail you could possibly want to know about a PE file (EXE, DLL, ActiveX controls, and several other executable formats).
Sometimes you need to look inside of a Windows program or DLL to figure out what's going on. Sometimes you need to inspect the inner workings of your own software, and more importantly, third party applications and libraries for which you do not have source code. PE Explorer is a program for doing just such looking on Windows Portable Executable (PE) files.
A PE file ("Portable Executable") is the native format of executable binaries (programs, dll's and drivers) for the Microsoft Windows® 9x/NT/2000/XP/CE 32-bit operating systems. PE Explorer can handle a variety of different PE file types: EXE, DLL, SYS, MSSTYLES, CPL, OCX, BPL, DPL, SCR and more (including executable files that run on MS Windows CE platform).
PE Explorer gives you the power to look inside these PE binary files. PE Explorer contains a whole host of powerful analysis and editing tools for working with PE files. It comes with a PE Header Viewer, Section Editor, Exported/Imported API Function List Viewer, Syntax Lookup, Digital Signature Viewer, Resource Viewer/Editor, Dependency Scanner, and a Disassembler.
PE Explorer unfolds each header, section and table found in the current PE file to reveal the values stored inside those structures. If you want to write an interface to a DLL without having a documentation at hand, PE Explorer Disassembler is the solution.
With PE Explorer you can view, edit and repair the internal structures of PE files with the click of a button. Use it for serious development projects, for restoring lost information, for keeping damaged files intact, to reverse engineer projects with missing source code, to view the imports/exports of the standard dll's, or to simply reduce the numerous internal information sources of PE files into a more convenient viewing format.
PE Explorer: Features & Benefits
IT professionals worldwide choose PE Explorer for exceptional file analysis and robust editing tools. There are many benefits to using PE Explorer, but here is a top 5 list of the most powerful advantages for you:
* Enjoy the comfort of being able to have all the necessary tools in one simple, clean interface.
* It is easy and fun for new users to get started with digging into any executable.
* An important and widely recognized one is its stability. Works very well, reasonable price, combined they equal a stunning value.
* PE Explorer opens problem EXE files that the other programs don't. PE Explorer takes care of the things the other programs don't cover. Your choice.
* FREE upgrade to PE Explorer version 2.00 when it is released.
All details about the binary are collected without executing the file.
Automatically unpacks and decompresses files packed with UPX or
You can work with damaged files (e.g. compressed files). If opening
a file produces an error, PE Explorer opens that file in Safe mode.
* Visual Resource Viewer and Editor is one of the most convenient, safe and easy-to-use resource editors available for Windows.
* Exported/Imported Function List Viewers provide you with the information on entry points, numbers, names, and calling syntax of exported and imported functions.
* Quick Function Syntax Lookup displays the calling syntax for the found functions.
* Digital Signature Viewer lets you view a certificate-based digital signature of an executable file, validate the identity of the software publisher, and verify that the signature is valid and has been applied properly.
* Peeks inside Delphi applications and edit the properties of controls on Delphi forms within the file.
* Makes it easy to diagnose file problems, analyze, repair and restore the damaged section headers settings of PE files, examine PE file headers and correct checksums, repair damaged resources.
* Application Manifest Wizard helps your legacy applications take advantage of the new common control styles and appearances featured in Windows XP and Vista, and mark them with a requested execution level on Vista.
POWER CODER TOOLS
* PE Explorer Disassembler reconstructs the assembly language source code of target files. The output of strings found in the binary gives you a good knowledge of what some of the functions and subroutines called by this binary are.
* Dependency Scanner helps you learn the minimum set of DLL files required for the EXE file to load and run.
* Automatic unmangling of C++ external entity names and exported symbols back to human-readable names.
* Strips the various types of information (Debug Information and Relocations) stored in the file.
* TimeDate Stamp Adjuster modifies all the TimeDate Stamps to one uniform value.
Minimum System Requirements
PE Explorer runs on all versions of Windows from 95 through Server 2003 and Vista.
Minimum hardware requirements
Intel Pentium® or AMD K5 processor with 166 MHz
16 MB RAM
15 MB free hard disk space
Users working with large file sizes will benefit from system requirements that exceed those listed above. This will ensure a faster disassembling.
Labels: PE Explorer, Software
|posted by Kawai @ 5:42 PM