SpeedCommander is a comfortable file manager. It builds on the proven two window technology and offers a multitude of exclusive features. Sort, copy, move or delete your files either using the keyboard or the mouse. SpeedCommander displays files and folders using the tried and tested two-pane layout. This means that both source and target of a file operation will always be visible. This increases productivity compared to Windows Explorer. It always enhances the speed of navigation through folders, archives and FTP servers.
SpeedCommander directly supports a variety of archive formats. It reads and creates ZIP archives, Microsoft CAB files and fully supports 13 additional compression formats. It means you can unpack and create the 13 most common archive formats. A modern AddIn interface enables the integration of extensions, providing additional functionality. The WinCeFS AddIn allows you to access PDA devices via ActiveSync. The WfxWrapper AddIn can integrate file system plug-ins written for Total Commander (wfx).
The internal file viewer displays over 80 graphics and text formats. In addition, SpeedCommander contains a powerful text editor with numerous extras including syntax highlighting. With the integrated FTP client, you can both download files from the net and upload your own web pages. SpeedCommander even integrates a web browser for you to surf the web!
The integrated FTP client supports FTP, FTP via SSH (SFTP) and FTP via SSL. SpeedCommander is also available in a native 64-bit version for Windows XP x64.
- Two folder windows which can be arranged horizontally or vertically
- Multiple folder views in one folder panel
- File Container with multiple independent containers
- Quick access to Network Neighborhood, Internet and FTP
- Direct support for the many archive formats (including 7Z, RAR, SQX, ZIP)
- Integrated Quick View for many file formats
- Multi-rename tool
- Fast and comfortable Search Program (FileSearch)
- Synchronize files and folders (FileSync)
- Flexible editor for text files (SpeedEdit)
Labels: Software, Speed Commander