McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i Plus Patch 3 (Incl. Hotfix vHF360824)
| Sunday, September 30, 2007
McAfee® VirusScan® Enterprise protects your desktop and file servers from a wide range of threats, including viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and potentially unwanted code and programs. McAfee® VirusScan® 8 takes anti-virus protection to the next level, integrating elements of intrusion prevention and firewall technology into a single solution for PCs and file servers. This powerful combination delivers truly proactive protection from the newest of today’s threats-including buffer - overflow exploits and blended attacks - and features advanced outbreak management responses to reduce the damage and costs of outbreaks. Everything is managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator® or ProtectionPilot™ for scalable security policy compliance and graphical reporting.
*** Key Benefits :
- Integrated firewall and IPS technology - Addition of firewall and intrusion prevention technology delivers maximum proactive protection in a single, integrated package
- Enhanced coverage for emerging threats - VirusScan provides protection from the newest potentially unwanted program security threats (e.g., spyware), application-specific buffer overflow attacks, and blended attacks
- Lowered TCO during outbreak response – Advanced outbreak functionality closes the window of vulnerability before DAT files are available, limiting damage by blocking the entrance and spread of the outbreak
- McAfee scanning technology – Award-winning McAfee scan engine performs in-memory scanning to block threats such as Netsky and CodeRed, which don’t write their code to disk
- Centralized management and reporting – Integration with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and ProtectionPilot provides a complete security management solution, including detailed graphical reporting, from a single console
*** Product Features:
- Comprehensive McAfee anti-virus protection
- Potentially unwanted program security
- Buffer overflow prevention (IPS feature)
- Complete outbreak response
- Port blocking/lockdown (firewall feature)
- Application monitoring: email engines (firewall feature)
- File blocking, directory lockdown, folder/share blocking (IPS feature)
- Infection trace and block
- Powerful memory scanning
- Centralized management and reporting
- Enhanced email scanning
- Protection from threats that use scripts
- Optimized for mobile users
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i Patch 3 is a cumulative patch that includes all previously released fixes and resolved folowing issues:
1. ISSUE: A D1 bugcheck (blue screen) can occur with irusScan Enterprise 8.5i when installed on heavily loaded servers.
RESOLUTION: This is resolved by HotFix VSE85HF352786 included with this release. See also issue 1 under "Known Issues."
2. ISSUE: A D1 bugcheck (blue screen) can occur with VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i when installed on a Microsoft Exchange server.
RESOLUTION: The Access Protection driver has been updated to resolve the issue.
3. ISSUE: An 8E bugcheck (blue screen) was reported by customers and in Microsoft’s Online Crash Analysis (OCA), showing a crash in an instruction that could not ordinarily fail.
RESOLUTION: The Link Driver was revised to bring it into compliance with guidelines specified in Intel’s Core2 Errata AI33, to prevent such unusual behavior on affected processors.
4. ISSUE: A 7E bugcheck (blue screen) can occur with certain low resource conditions.
RESOLUTION: The Link Driver has been updated to better handle scenarios where the system is low on resources.
5. ISSUE: On 64-bit systems, VirusScan Statistics causes an issue where the user cannot open more then one Microsoft Virtual PC image. Virtual PC reports insufficient memory.
RESOLUTION: VirusScan Statistics has been updated to resolve a memory utilization problem on 64-bit systems.
6. ISSUE: When integrated with the Checkpoint SecureClient software, VirusScan Enterprise uses incorrect registry values for DAT and Engine version information.
RESOLUTION: The binaries for Checkpoint integration have been updated to use appropriate registry data.
7. ISSUE: With Access Protections rules set to Maximum Security, during the installation, VirusScan Enterprise Checkpoint integration fails to query the On-Access Scanner service state.
RESOLUTION: The binaries for Checkpoint integration have been updated to no longer request a certain level of access to the service, which would be denied by the higher level of Access Protection security.
8. ISSUE: Custom VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i policies are lost after upgrading from ePolicy Orchestrator 3.5 to 3.6.x.
RESOLUTION: The VirusScan NAP file has been updated to include additional xml code for mapping policies between ePolicy Orchestrator 3.5 and 3.6.x.
Passw : mcafee.c001.ones
Labels: Anti Virus, McAfee, Software
|posted by Kawai @ 8:41 PM