Proactive System Password Recovery (PSPR) is a program to recover most types of Windows passwords:
Windows 95/98/ME logon password (when user is logged on)
- Windows NT4/2000 logon password (when user is logged on and has Admin privileges)
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/2003 auto logon password
- .NET Passport password
- SYSKEY startup passwords
- passwords stored in Domain Cached Credentials
- Wireless (WEP and WPA-PSK) encryption keys (if stored with WZC)
- Windows XP stored user passwords (multiple credentials)
- screensaver password
- RAS and dial-up passwords
- passwords to VPN (Virtual Private Network) connections
- passwords and access rights to shared resources
Other information that could be recovered by PSPR is LSA Secrets; the program also allows to run any programs in other user's context, show password histrory hashes, read and decrypt password hashes directly from Registry files (SAM and SYSTEM), perform brute-force and dictionary attacks on Windows 9x PWL files, backup Registry files and Active Directory database from local or remote computer, and decrypt product ID and CD key for Windows and Microsoft Office installations.
Version 5.0 adds Windows Vista compatibility.
Labels: Password Recovery, Software